Recommended laboratories to carry out a Worming Treatment Check test in sheep

Published 22 June 2023

Applies to England

The Rural Payments Agency (RPA) recommends that vets send samples to a laboratory on this list.

These laboratories follow the SCOPS testing guidance for the review and meet one or more of the following specifications:

A farmer will not be eligible for funding unless samples are tested at a laboratory that meets at least one of these specifications.

If you have a question about laboratories used for review testing, or want to be added to this list, contact the RPA by email or phone.

Find out about call charges (opens in a new tab)

APHA Carmarthen Veterinary Investigation Centre

Job’s Well Road
SA31 3EZ

Telephone: 03000 600016

Email: and

You should send requests to both email addresses.

Biobest Laboratories

Contact Biobest Laboratories and tell them the testing is for an annual health and welfare review. They’ll provide the submission forms and sampling kits you must use.

6 Charles Darwin House
The Edinburgh Technopole
Milton Bridge
EH26 0PY

Telephone: 0131 440 26 28


Techion UK (FECPAK)

AIEC Office
Gogerddan Campus
SY23 3EE

Telephone: 01970 821 918